Hi Rachel
I thought to write you a blog for two reasons. Firstly, Facebook posts are very difficult to read because of the size of the text. Secondly, for all the trouble I have caused You, I felt You deserved an entire blog dedicated to You.It is strange how the people that we have "set out to help" actually end up helping us. I don't know if you ever had anyone ask you to help them with their assignment, and no sooner than you started to help them than you realised that you had completely misunderstood the topic and would have secured yourself a nice little rounded little cute little zero?
Rea, You had been sent into my life to help me out of the Cult: Yes, the Branhamism cult. You were either too politte or I too obstinate; whichever one it was, it took a while but finally I saw this name-calling, God-mocking, self-exalting, falsely-inflated, man-worshipping, money-craving Cult for what it truly is. So I left. What happened? It's actually a bit funny, but this is what happened.
The Pastor of one church that I went to in Newcaslte, KZN, had gone overseas, and I had been helping him out for about a year. But as I had been reading testimonies on the internet about what God is doing for and through people I started to realise that I undoubtedly had an "us and them" paradigm of the world, which is very characteristic of cult indoctrination. I started to question this very deeply. Remember, much of what we are taught is around this notion: You cannot realy be a child of God and not come across and embrace this "Message". Arrogant? You bet. There are more than 7 000 000 000 people on the face of the earth and about 2 000 000 people in this cult. The elect ones. The chosen ones. The ones predestinated to be God's Bride; everyone else is second-grade. Now that, Rea, is tommyrot. But we believed it. Educated, uneducated, rich, poor, happy, sad, indifferent, wise and otherwise, we all believed that nonsense.
So primarily (before I came to learn 2 million other facts about how terrible this cult is, and how it is based on lies lies lies and more lies) I questioned it on the basis of Love. Why are we so void of love, but my actual title to the sermons was "The traditions of the elders." And I preached and said it so foolish to divide the world into "us and them" because many of "us" are actually with them and many of "them" are actually with us. Needless to say, this was not well received. When I saw the spirit in this cult, unmasked, and unpretending: the dragon we have been worshipping, I left! By God's grace my wife never fought me over this even though we were both born and raised in this cult in two different provinces.
Thanks, Rea, for starting the stir in me. You were the first person to outright question this nonsense I held on to, and I still believe You set me out seeking truth, even if it was passively done.
Sorry, I almost brought you into this thing. I didin't introduce a lot of people to it, but the one guy that i remember very clearly putting into this mess is so far into it, that I should devote the rest of my life into taking him out. Their church is worse because their pastor is becoming what Bro Branham wanted to become, so they worship him instead. They call him Melchizedek. It's hard to believe that people are still being swallowed into these cults, even when information about these things is so easily available.
Thank You, Sorry and I love You. I mean all three. You did your best for me, and I hope you did not feel that you had failed when I did not up and go. You didn't fail and now I have upped and gone.
Sorry for all the disrespectful messages and or comments that You have ever received from me. I was powered by Cultish spirits. It's funny that we seemingly wanted people to join the cult but would not stop insulting them. This is one very confused Cult, because unlike Islam, Mormonism, and JW, the cult was not always what it is today. Bro Branham was a Pentecostal minister and on fire for God, when Satan saw his weakness, and desire to be better than everybody else he took advantage of it. So some of William Branham's sermons contradict what is mostly being taught in Branham circles.
How are you doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment